• August 18, 2014 at 4:17 am #47
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Introduce yourself, your DV Experience, winner or still, how many times applied

Introduce Yourself: share you DV stories here:

Hello and welcome to the forum everyone. We assume you are one of the following:

• DV-2015 winner,
    • DV-2016 entrant,
    • DV LOTTERY newbie ( new to the program ).

We would like you to kindly introduce yourself, share with us your story so that the other members or visitors dropping by will benefit from your experiences. you can reply to this topic using one of the following formats :
    – don’t forget to cross the last 3 or 2 figures of your Case Number, example AF 8XXX –

DV-2015 WINNERS:

2nd Notification Letter not received yet :

– Name: ____
    – Case Number: ____
    – DS-260 completed date: ____
    – Unlock date: ____
    – DS-260 processed (Y/N): ____

2nd Notification Letter received :

– Case Number : ____
    – DS-260 completed date: ____
    – Unlock date: ____
    – 2nd Notification Letter received: ____
    – Medical exam: ____
    – Interview date: ____
    – Interview result: ____

DV-2016 ENTRANTS:

– Country: ____
    – Registration date: ____

DV LOTTERY NEWBIES:

– Country: ____
    – How did you know about the program? : ____

Notices :

DV-2015 winners: you should expect a 2NL to be received ONLY if your CN is current in Visa Bulletins, AND your forms have been proceeded ( DS-260 needs at least 3 months to process, you can email KCC to ask if your forms are processed or yet.. ).

DV-2016 entrants: registration period is done, so keep your confirmation numbers and confirmation details in order to check the results starting from May 5th, 2015 at 12 noon EDT. results will be available here dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/. For those who haven’t recorded their confirmation numbers, please remember the email you used during the application process and write it down, keep it until May 5th, 2015 and then you will be able to retrieve your Confirmation Numbers.

DV LOTTERY newbies ( future DV-2017 entrants ) : Welcome to the diversity visa lottery program. since you are new, we recommend you read this article to have a quick intro about E-DV program. you will be able to register for DV-2017 starting from October 2015, until November 2015 ( Registration period: 1 month ) through the official website https://www.dvlottery.state.gov.

I will begin this:

My name is Ismail, was first introduced to DV LOTTERY program through a friend who had his uncle won in 2006 fiscal year maybe. and that was in 2012, so I have Google this term “Green Card” and surprisingly I have an Adwords AD on top of search results linking to a fake registration website, so I have registered a fake application and that was in october 2012.. I didn’t get lucky with DV-2015 as well, and now my fingers crossed for DV-2016!

DV-2016 entrant

– Name: Ismail
    – Country: Morocco
    – Registration date: 3rd October, 2014.

what about you?

• This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by buildquick.
    August 18, 2014 at 7:23 am #67
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Everyone!

So it looks like I’m the second person to introduce myself.

I’m a 25-year old Dutch girl, which means I’m from the Netherlands, Europe.

I’ve also been struck by the ‘American Dream’ virus ever since my first visit there. I lived in Florida for one year doing pilot training and I also have a bachelors degree in Information Science which I got in The Netherlands. Now I work as a Software Quality Test Engineer in the Netherlands.

I applied for the DV lottery 4 times, and for DV2015 I was one of the lucky winners (or more politicaly correct: selectees).

I studied a lot of forums, websites and other things I could find about the DV-lottery, so I became a bit of an expert, also known as DV-geek. I’m the admin of one of the most popular FB-groups of DV2015 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/671695982883784/), and have been made a moderator of this forum as well. I hope to answer a lot (if not all) of your questions!

Last but not least: My Case Number (CN) is 2015EU33XXX so my interview will be around June 2015 hopefully.

August 18, 2014 at 7:30 am #71
    Anonymous
    Inactive

wow what an amazing story you shared with us Melissa ! at least you went there and had the chance to live in Florida for a while.
    well, i am very happy for you being selected and your case number is just Good giving you more enough time to get ready for your amazing journey to the united states 🙂

August 18, 2014 at 8:16 am #85
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello

I am 30 years old from Algeria I won in the lottery for the year 2015 and the number in the case nembre of 22xxx
    I am waiting for an appointment for an interview that I wish to be more satisfactory to get a visa and I am
    the owner of a special page in the Arabic language to draw this Link

Thank you

August 18, 2014 at 8:28 am #91
    Anonymous
    Inactive

hello abdelkaderb83 !
    first, thanks a lot for joining us in this forum. actually we just started and we are growing.
    yes you case number seems very good and your interview isn’t far.
    your chance of issuing visa is clear, Inshallah you will have a simple interview and pass it, and get your visa!

you can also post the link of that page you own. we’d really love to discover it 🙂

August 18, 2014 at 9:56 am #100
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    August 18, 2014 at 9:59 am #101
    Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks a lot abdelkader! i have joined 😉

October 25, 2014 at 2:06 pm #603
    Alex Ve

Hi,

My name is Alex and I am from Greece. My first attempt with the dv lottery program was in 2005, through a website that asked for a paid fee of about 150 euros. Sadly I wasn’t selected, neither on my second attempt in 2007 which my sister who lived in the US had paid a similar website to apply for me and my parents.
    My 3rd attempt was in 2013 for the ’15 program which I got selected for further processing. Sadly, as I learned browsing the net, I have made the mistake of choosing the wrong country of eligibility and that zeroes any chance I had of issuing a visa.
    I also have a high rank number 2015EU00037***.

October 25, 2014 at 3:49 pm #613
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, My name is Alex and I am from Greece. My first attempt with the dv lottery program was in 2005, through a website that asked for a paid fee of about 150 euros. Sadly I wasn’t selected, neither on my second attempt in 2007 which my sister who lived in the US had paid a similar website to apply for me and my parents. My 3rd attempt was in 2013 for the ’15 program which I got selected for further processing. Sadly, as I learned browsing the net, I have made the mistake of choosing the wrong country of eligibility and that zeroes any chance I had of issuing a visa. I also have a high rank number 2015EU00037***.

Hello Alex,
    it is really great that you got selected as you entered through the official website..
    @britsimon , a DV LOTTERY EXPERT, replied to your thread, and now you need to start believing that you won’t have any issue as you made the mistake in selecting the country of birth.
    Thank You Brit, and Alex: cheer up and start get ready for your visa approval 😉

October 25, 2014 at 4:13 pm #614
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Samuel & britismon for the positive feedback and for the warm welcome.

October 25, 2014 at 4:16 pm #615
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You are most welcome, Alex! 😛

December 27, 2014 at 12:48 pm #11795
    Andrea

I am from Venezuela and entered for the DVD 2016. I have a quick question, once the lottery is finished, will I know on May 5th,2015 if I got selected or do I have to check all the time to see if I got in? Will we all know on May 5th??

Thank you

December 27, 2014 at 12:53 pm #11993
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am from Venezuela and entered for the DVD 2016. I have a quick question, once the lottery is finished, will I know on May 5th,2015 if I got selected or do I have to check all the time to see if I got in? Will we all know on May 5th??
    Thank you

Hello Andrea,
    you are a DV-2016 entrant and once the results are available ( starting from May 5th, 2015 – 12 noon EDT ), you should log in to the Entry Status Check website ( http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC ) and see if you have been selected.
    Also, KCC does notify those who got selected by mail, they did it this year, but they don’t always guarantee that. so, set a reminder and when the results are available you are recommended to check your entry status by yourself.
    Good Luck ! 😀

April 10, 2015 at 3:29 pm #15317
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Confirmation Page

Hi Samuel,

I have applied for DV2016 for my younger brother as he was born in eligible list of countries, I got to know about something called DV lottery through a friend and it was the last day with only couple of minutes left to apply the online from. somehow I made it and applied during last hour I suppose and I got this page where it says “SUCCESS” with confirmation number.

I’m still in dilemma, is my brother’s entry accepted successfully? I know that this is really a stupid question to ask when I have the page of SUCCESS after enrollment but just want to be sure and even the time stamp shows that I applied before 12:00 noon on Nov 3rd. but infact as per my knowledge it was past noon i guess 🙁 ..

Appreciate your support and response.

April 10, 2015 at 4:07 pm #14417
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi amrohadi,

First, congratulations that you made it and applied before the process is closed as you were just introduced to the program.

I’m still in dilemma, is my brother’s entry accepted successfully? I know that this is really a stupid question to ask when I have the page of SUCCESS after enrollment but just want to be sure and even the time stamp shows that I applied before 12:00 noon on Nov 3rd. but in fact as per my knowledge it was past noon i guess 🙁 ..

Yes – your brother’s entry is accepted since you have got the confirmation information including a conf. number by the end. and actually it does not matter when you have applied ( I know DV-2015 winners who applied within the last day,a just like you did, and they won! ) because that doesn’t increase or decrease the chance of getting selected..

We hope your brothers gets selected. but, what about you? are you a DV-2016 entrant as well?

😎

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.