General Information About DV LOTTERY

Topic info:Author:  samuel16 replies4 voicesLast activity: 2 years, 4 months agoLast reply from:  samuel

Forums Forums DV Lottery General Info & Discussions General Information About DV LOTTERY

Viewing 8 posts - 9 through 16 (of 17 total)
SPREAD THE WORD
  • Author

samuel
    Keymaster

Send samuel a message

Joined 3 years ago
    online 1 month ago

Future entrant

Morocco
    TwitterYouTubeSoundcloudWebsite

Hello Alex.
    in Immigrant Visa Instructions I found this:

A NOTE ABOUT ALIASES: On the DS-260 you MUST indicate all aliases and previous names used such as maiden names, names changed by a deed poll, and alternate transliterations of your name in English.

I assume it is that part where it states “Other names used”

I assume that too. but here, since Brit Simon advised to fill out those names, I would like you to leave him a comment in his ‘Ask Questions Here‘ page.

Should I unlock the form and add the alias or is it too late for that now?

Ask Brit if it is necessary to unlock your forms. it seems to be necessary, and don’t worry, unlocking forms does not affect interview schedules in most of the time, for example I have seen someone who unlocked his forms of 1st January, and he received a 2NL in Jan 23rd. so, you can unlock and they will review your forms quickly, since they must be processed by now because you sent them too early.

but, Ask Brit Simon first. and I am sorry I couldn’t assist you on this one, but I am sure @britsimon can 😉

Thank you !

Alex
    Participant

Send alexgraphicdes a message

Joined 2 years ago
    online 1 year ago

DV-2015 winner

EU 37***

Website

Thank you very much Samuel. I am posting this right now on Britsimon.

Wish you the best!

samuel
    Keymaster

Send samuel a message

Joined 3 years ago
    online 1 month ago

Future entrant

Morocco

Thank you Alex!
    I checked Brit’s page, so it seemed that unlocking must be done in order to add your alias name(s). you must have this done, and don’t worry, this would never delay your case, since you hold a EU 37*** Case Number, your forms must be ready by now, your will be current in 2 months from now at least, and they are going to review your forms right after being locked again. Hurry up, man lol.

You should unlock. Would you rather be delayed or denied?

lol I was expecting more details from Brit 😮

Alex
    Participant

Joined 2 years ago
    online 1 year ago

DV-2015 winner

EU 37***

Website

OK Samuel I resubmitted the form successfully and added the name from my other nationality.
    I also found out that the previous time I hadn’t fill some questions that come right after the military service, regarding my special skills and languages that I speak.
    Oh, I hope I won’t have to go through all this stress again. 😕

samuel
    Keymaster

Send samuel a message

Joined 3 years ago
    online 1 month ago

Future entrant

Morocco

Glad to hear that Alex!

Oh, I hope I won’t have to go through all this stress again. 😕

No need to worry Alex, I am sure this process wont take longer than a 2 months (which you need to be Current), and your forms will be processed again.
    Glad to hear you are fixed now. cause listing your aliases is much important.

Will wait for you to be Up 😎

fmk 2016 dv winner
    Participant

Send fmk-2016-dv-winner a message

Joined 2 years ago
    Online 2 years ago

DV-2016 entrant

Hey guys, this site has been quite for the past month. hop it will be busy after next week’s Tuesday.

samuel
    Keymaster

Send samuel a message

Joined 3 years ago
    online 1 month ago

Future entrant

Morocco

Hey fmk!

We will try our best to post updates regarding DV-2016 as soon as we can because there is a lot to post and to be done.

Wishing you all the best and good luck in this entry 😉

Alex
    Participant

Joined 2 years ago
    online 1 year ago

DV-2015 winner

EU 37***

Website

Hey Samuel, I have another question for you. Last year I got two employer letters for my work experience and they signed them. Both letters are in english though, because I thought that the embassy requires all documents in english language. Should I translate them in greek also or is only english ok?

Also, because I was born in a foreign country, my vaccine document that contains my information, name, place of birth etc. is in albanian not greek. But the vaccine names are in english. E.x. DTP, HepB-0 etc.

Should I contact the doctor of the embassy here in greece and ask him if he wants me to translate the whole paper in greek?

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 9 through 16 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.