DV Lottery Winners : First and Second Letter – Updates

Topic info:Author:  samuel87 replies8 voicesLast activity: 1 year, 8 months agoLast reply from:  samuel

Forums Forums DV Lottery General Info & Discussions DV Lottery Winners : First and Second Letter – Updates

Viewing 8 posts - 65 through 72 (of 88 total)
SPREAD THE WORD
  • Author

samuel
    Keymaster

Send samuel a message

Joined 3 years ago
    online 1 month ago

Future entrant

Morocco
    TwitterYouTubeSoundcloudWebsite

You’re welcome, Stefan :)

I wish you good luck too, and I don’t think you will be left out as KCC is already getting over the DS-260 workload and they can process what’s left in a good delays. just keep in touch with them once 30 days passes, so as to know about your case updates.

All the best !!

Alex
    Participant

Send alexgraphicdes a message

Joined 2 years ago
    online 1 year ago

DV-2015 winner

EU 37***

Website

OK, I received a reply from KCC and my appointment day is August 26th.

samuel
    Keymaster

Send samuel a message

Joined 3 years ago
    online 1 month ago

Future entrant

Morocco

At last!! Congratulations Alex!! :smile:

Alex
    Participant

Joined 2 years ago
    online 1 year ago

DV-2015 winner

EU 37***

Website

Thank you Samuel.

I would like to ask you, my interview date is on August, 25. My sponsor can fill the i-134 on August, 8. Is that OK?
    Thanks.

Alex
    Participant

Joined 2 years ago
    online 1 year ago

DV-2015 winner

EU 37***

Website

“The reply you came to read is little bit outdated and in fact for the vaccination question you can either answer Yes or No but you have to provide a justification. For instance, supposing you are not sure about your vaccination records and if you took some of the necessary ones, then answer as No and fill out that you will take them in the medical appointment.

Read more at DV LOTTERY FORUM: http://dvlotteryforum.com/?p=270

Hi Samuel. Sadly, now I realised that I forgot to provide an explanation regarding my vaccinations. I answered YES but without a justification.
    Do you think that will be a problem, maybe the CO will think that I tried to lie?

Alex
    Participant

Joined 2 years ago
    online 1 year ago

DV-2015 winner

EU 37***

Website

I went today on the interview to the embassy in Greece. The CO accepted my education and work experience (my only proof were two letters from an ex employer and my current employer with the companies stamp).

The waiting time was very big since I got in the embassy till I left, the whole proccess took nearly 4 hours to complete.

They asked me some questions about my previous travel in the US and where am I planning to stay to, and they didn’t ask for bank statement or sponsor form. The more stressful thing was when they asked for exact days that I went to school from elementary till high school. Cause I didn’t remember well the dates and I was afraid that the CO would perceive that as me trying to lie or something.

Because I thought that the high school diploma is enough, I didn’t bring with me the elementary diploma (stupid mistake). Fortunately I explained them that since I presented them the high school diploma, it is obvious that I had completed elementary successfully.

Now, the only problem is that I have to present until Friday the birth certificate of my birth country (I was born in Albania), cause the one I had was issued on May 2014 and that document must be valid for one year. So, I hope that by thursday or friday I will take it to the embassy, or else my visa will be canceled. Fortunately, they facilitated me and told me to bring it by myself in the embassy instead of the usual procedure that is with DHL courier, so that I don’t delay it more.

*They didn’t ask me for the copies of my documents and they kept the originals when I presented to them.
    Will I get them on friday when I give them the missing birth certificate?

Thanks

samuel
    Keymaster

Send samuel a message

Joined 3 years ago
    online 1 month ago

Future entrant

Morocco

Hi Alex,

I am terribly sorry that you have had missing documents and you are expected to provide them by this Friday, you need to hurry up!

No, it was not a stupid mistake that you haven’t brought the elementary school cert, most of visa petitioners weren’t asked about it. As for the birth certificate, my friend, it is awful that we didn’t knew it is only valid for one year, and you didn’t notice that. Don’t worry, you can get it in a day, just head to the Albanian embassy in Greece (I think there’s one in Athens), and don’t forget to take the documents you think you shall be asked to provide ( ID, etc ). And kindly urge them that you are in a hurry too, so they appreciate your circumstances..

It’s fascinating to hear that those 2 letters took over the public charge situation, and congratulations. When you provide those missing documents, they will give you the original documents you left there ( they should make copies ), and let you know when you will come back or when they will contact you.

You don’t need to be afraid, you will be put on AP (administrative processing), until the CO has done the investigations regarding your elementary education and look through the documents provided.

I hope you get that birth cert as fast as you can, and don’t get yourself delayed.

Wishing you good luck, a lot of it as you need it, and please keep us posted!

:smile:

Alex
    Participant

Joined 2 years ago
    online 1 year ago

DV-2015 winner

EU 37***

Website

Actually it is issued in Albania, not in the embassy. The problem is not that, it is already issued and I will have it by today evening. The problem is that in the DV regulations it states about the birth certificate that it should have an

Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.

and the old one that expired had it already.
    But for the new one, I can’t make it on time to have that annotation, cause otherwise I will have it by monday and the CO was very strict to bring it until friday.

On the reciprocity schedule paper that they gave me when I left, it doesn’t mention anything about that annotation though.
    In any case, I am doing a desperate attempt, since I can’t make it on time and will present it to them without that special annotation and hope that they will accept it.

Viewing 8 posts - 65 through 72 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.