• August 30, 2014 at 11:03 pm #270
    Anonymous
    Inactive

There are 2 letters and notifications every DV Lottery entrant receives after winning :

First letter : it is the first one you receive after being selected, Kentucky Consular Center KCC informs you that you have been randomly selected for the fiscal year’s Diversity Visa Program.

Second Letter : the subject of this post – it’s the second letter ( email ) you receive from KCC’s part; an email telling you that you have updates regarding your interview, and you can now log into Entry Status Check ESC http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/ , and enter your confirmation number, Last name and Year of birth so as to view those updates.
    After log-in, you will find there all your interview details including the date, time and location. make sure you Print the page and take it with you to your interview.

Who is willing to receive a 2NL ?
    When it comes to receiving a Second Notification Letter ( 2NL ) from KCC, you should have completed at least 2 conditions:

1. Being current: your Case Number should be Current in Visa Bulletins, ( current Visa Bulletin )
    2. Forms processed/ready: your DS-260 forms must be done processing by KCC and ready. you can email/call KCC in order to know that.

if you meet those 2 conditions, then expect a 2NL to be received shortly.

Let us assume your Case info:
    if you want to know when your interview will be held, and when you should expect a 2NL to be received, please post a reply below in this format:

Name:
    Case Number:
    DS-260 sent ( date ):
    DS-260 unlock ( date ):

2NL release dates:

InterviewsVisa BulletinSecond Notification Letter
    Interviews in MarchVB for February 9 January2nd NL sent 25 January
    Interviews in FebruaryVB for January 9 December2nd NL sent 28 December
    Interviews in JanuaryVB for December 9 November2nd NL sent 17 November
    Interviews in DecemberVB for November 9 October2nd NL sent 21 October
    Interviews in NovemberVB for October 9 September2nd NL sent 29 September
    Interviews in OctoberVB for September 12 August2nd NL sent 25 August
    Interviews in SeptemberVB for August 10 July2nd NL sent 22 July
    Interviews in AugustVB for July 10 June2nd NL sent 2 July
    Interviews in JulyVB for June 11 May2nd NL sent 20 May
    Interviews in JuneVB for May 13 April2nd NL sent 24 April
    Interviews in MayVB for April 11 March2nd NL sent 24 March
    Interviews in AprilVB for March 9 January2nd NL sent 24 February
    Interviews in MarchVB for February 9 January2nd NL sent 23 January
    Interviews in FebruaryVB for January 9 December2nd NL sent 12 December
    Interviews in JanuaryVB for December 7 November2nd NL sent 23 November
    Interviews in DecemberVB for November 9 October2nd NL sent 23 October
    Interviews in NovemberVB for October 8 September2nd NL sent 19 September
    Interviews in OctoberVB for September 12 August2nd NL sent 13 august

Important Updates :

• update ( 24 March 2015 ) :

KCC started sending 2nd notification letters ( 2NLs ) half hour ago ( 430 GMT ). Everyone ( all winners ) should log in to the entrant status check website ( ESC ) at http://dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/ so as to check if there are updates about their interviews.
    We will update this post to let you know about KCC’s pace and how fast they are processing the forms very soon. thank you !
    – So far, the max submitted-date reporting to receive a 2NL today was: November 26th – you can notice the big progress in terms of processing forms by KCC and getting rid of the backlog..

• update ( 24 February 2015 ) :

Just couple minutes ago, ( 5:20 PM GMT ), people started yelling about receiving 2NLs from KCC. if you are current, plus you have sent your forms earlier than October 5th, then, please do the entrant status check to see if you got notified or yet. thank you !

• update ( 23 January 2015 ) :

KCC has just sent 2nd Notification Letters 2-3 hours ago from now ( 6 PM GMT ). these January 2NLs concern applicants who have submitted their forms in August or before. If you are Current + you have submitted your forms early ( August at least ), please log into the Entrant Status Check website. for those who had their forms unlocked, you may not be guaranteed for a 2NL.

• update ( 24 November 2014 ) :

Kentucky Consular Center started sending second letters this Monday morning. again your forms need to be proceeded if you want to be included in these notifications and you are also current.
    one of the notified selectees shared with us that he has AF 12*** as CN and submitted his forms on 25 June.
    if you have updates, please: We, including Readers, Need Them. send us your updates through the contact page. thank you.

• update ( 23 October 2014 ) :

A lot of entrants have received there 2nd Notification letters. those winner entrants have already submitted their forms ( DS-260 ) before 15 June 2014, and also are Current in DV-2015 Visa Bulletins.. how happy they were, to receive their interviews information 🙂

• update ( 20 September 2014 ) :

Kentucky Consular Center started sending and notifying October Currents about their interviews. October Currents will have their interviews scheduled in November 2014. this is the latest.

Our Friend @melissa contacted KCC and they have told her that all forms need at least 12 weeks (3 months) to be proceeded. this means, if you have a smaller Case Number you must think about filling out your form in time.

• update ( 09 September 2014 ) :

Perhaps because of the retard in sending DS 260 forms that happened this year , winners could send their forms only starting from 20 May. this is a 3 weeks retard unlike the previous years in which they start right after 1st of May.

This retard is probably the cause of the delay in sending 2nd notification letters. so we are expecting the letters to be sent before 20th of this month.. some people said they will send right tomorrow ( 10 September 2014 )

if you think this topics needs to be edited for an error, wrong or missing information, please report it.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by buildquick.
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by buildquick.
    September 2, 2014 at 2:00 am #284
    ANOUAR

my case number is 2015AFOOOO39XX
    WHEN MY INTERVIEW CAN BE SET PLEASE ?

[ case number moderated. please hide the last 2 or 3 figures in your CN for Privacy & Security ]

September 2, 2014 at 2:10 am #285
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Anouar,

According to your Case Number AF 39xx:
    your interview is in October, i think in the 2nd week of the month.

i hope you have already submitted your DS 260 , so you can get the second letter on time and have your interview scheduled 🙂

September 2, 2014 at 9:58 am #288
    reda

dear sir
    Thank you for your help
    Please,i would like to ask you about the us vaccination,i fill out my ds260 application but my answer was yes because we will do it when we have a medical test.
    i see some of people did NO im worry now
    Tell me please what can i do?
    is it ok or should i contact KCC?
    Thank you very much

September 2, 2014 at 10:25 am #289
    Anouar Moussahhil

But i didnt receive any email yet ? And i called the KCC they tell me the interviews for octobre are complete , i may have mine on September !!!

September 2, 2014 at 10:40 am #290
    Enourder

you should check all the time anouar,did you fill out your ds260?
    if you dont recieve anything after one week be sure there is something wrong happend into your ds260
    i hope i hear you recieve your second letter
    add me on facebook to talk more

September 2, 2014 at 2:04 pm #292
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Reda,

first, thank you for posting in our forum.

Concerning the US Vaccination , question is :

Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law? Yes/No

You have to reply : NO , and for the explanation, fill in the box that :

I will get all required immunizations at the medical. ( right when your interview comes )

Why ?

Answer NO because yet, you don’t have documentation .. , but you will you have them : Yes.

here is another proof , by travel.state.gov [ prepare for your interview ] :

You must complete your medical examination, along with any required vaccinations, before your scheduled visa interview date.
    source: Prepare for your interview

i hope this answers your question.

September 2, 2014 at 2:15 pm #294
    Anonymous
    Inactive

But i didnt receive any email yet ? And i called the KCC they tell me the interviews for octobre are complete , i may have mine on September !!!

According to your Case Number, your interview is in October, just be sure.
    but if you did not submit your ds 260 on time, then you will have problem and when your interview arrives; they will just scheduled it again for a given time until they have your form done and reviewed.

Have you done any mistakes in your Form ? i am not sure of that.

But, you need to know something, they did not send all second letters to all October interviews, only few winners with Very small case numbers , like AF 5XX. so now, please follow the tip of Enourder and wait + expect your 2nd letter in this week.

thank you and keep patient !

P.S: if there are more AF Case Numbers who received their 2nd Letter, i will notify you by e-mail so we keep you updated !

September 4, 2014 at 10:49 am #318
    jo

So, anyone in EU got their 2nd letter yet?

I’m EU 3XXX so I should be in October.. but I havent received 2nd letter yet

September 4, 2014 at 10:52 am #319
    EU2015

CN: 2015EU4xxx DS260 submitted on 6th July. No 2nd NL yet. Any ideas as to when it will come?

September 4, 2014 at 2:55 pm #320
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So, anyone in EU got their 2nd letter yet?
    I’m EU 3XXX so I should be in October.. but I havent received 2nd letter yet

All of you will get their 2nd Notifications, it is just a matter of time and they sent some notifications to some winners with small case numbers. now just keep patient and i am sure your notifications will be sent by the end of next week .. don’t forget that your interviews start in October and not in September so you have plenty of time to wait 🙂

September 4, 2014 at 2:57 pm #321
    Anonymous
    Inactive

CN: 2015EU4xxx DS260 submitted on 6th July. No 2nd NL yet. Any ideas as to when it will come?

All of you will get their 2nd Notifications, it is just a matter of time and they sent some notifications to some winners with small case numbers. now just keep patient and i am sure your notifications will be sent by the end of next week .. don’t forget that your interviews start in October and not in September so you have plenty of time to wait 🙂

October 25, 2014 at 3:05 pm #604
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Samuel, I’d like to ask about the sponsor form i-864, when is it the best time to complete it? Should I wait for the appointment date for the interview first, or can my sponsor fill it sooner, before the appointment date?
    Also, I have sent the from ds-2001 in the KCC with my sign and date, but I didn’t check the box No 7 about the “Evidence of Support”, cause I thought that it wouldn’t be important to fill that form, but now I want to increase my chances of getting selected by providing a sponsor.
    Can I email them and request to send them again the ds-2001 form with that box marked?

Thanks.

October 25, 2014 at 3:15 pm #605
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d also like to ask, in the ds-260 form, it states in the beginning that we shouldn’t insert any special characters of our native language that are non-latin, only if we are asked to do so.

So, my surname which has the special character ” ϊ “, has to be written ” i ” in english.
    But in the question of the ds-260 form,
    “Full name in native language”
    I wrote it in Greek with that special character.
    Is this OK?

October 25, 2014 at 3:15 pm #606
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Alex,
    i do not know when exactly you are recommended to fill out the sponsor form i-134 , but you have to have that done before your interview. because you need to provide it the day of your interview..

Duly filled and signed affidavit of support form may be provided by the Diversity Visa lottery winner to the Consular officer on the day of his/her interview.

and if you want to rely on sponsor form to prove overcoming public charge, you need to unlock your form (ds-260) and do the correction needed.. do not worry, your CN EU 37XXX is good enough to give you time to process your forms. but do things quick, and then wait..
    we also want to hear @britsimon thoughts about this..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.