Introduce Yourself

Topic info:Author:  samuel18 replies7 voicesLast activity: 2 years agoLast reply from:  samuel

Forums Forums DV Lottery General Info & Discussions Introduce Yourself

Viewing 8 posts - 9 through 16 (of 19 total)
SPREAD THE WORD
  • Author

samuel
    Keymaster

Send samuel a message

Joined 2 years ago
    online 4 days ago

Future entrant

Morocco
    TwitterYouTubeSoundcloudWebsite

Hi, My name is Alex and I am from Greece. My first attempt with the dv lottery program was in 2005, through a website that asked for a paid fee of about 150 euros. Sadly I wasn’t selected, neither on my second attempt in 2007 which my sister who lived in the US had paid a similar website to apply for me and my parents. My 3rd attempt was in 2013 for the ’15 program which I got selected for further processing. Sadly, as I learned browsing the net, I have made the mistake of choosing the wrong country of eligibility and that zeroes any chance I had of issuing a visa. I also have a high rank number 2015EU00037***.

Hello Alex,
    it is really great that you got selected as you entered through the official website..
    @britsimon , a DV LOTTERY EXPERT, replied to your thread, and now you need to start believing that you won’t have any issue as you made the mistake in selecting the country of birth.
    Thank You Brit, and Alex: cheer up and start get ready for your visa approval 😉

Alex
    Participant

Send alexgraphicdes a message

Joined 2 years ago
    online 1 year ago

DV-2015 winner

EU 37***

Website

Thanks Samuel & britismon for the positive feedback and for the warm welcome.

samuel
    Keymaster

Send samuel a message

Joined 2 years ago
    online 4 days ago

Future entrant

Morocco

You are most welcome, Alex! 😛

Andrea

I am from Venezuela and entered for the DVD 2016. I have a quick question, once the lottery is finished, will I know on May 5th,2015 if I got selected or do I have to check all the time to see if I got in? Will we all know on May 5th??

Thank you

samuel
    Keymaster

Send samuel a message

Joined 2 years ago
    online 4 days ago

Future entrant

Morocco

I am from Venezuela and entered for the DVD 2016. I have a quick question, once the lottery is finished, will I know on May 5th,2015 if I got selected or do I have to check all the time to see if I got in? Will we all know on May 5th??
    Thank you

Hello Andrea,
    you are a DV-2016 entrant and once the results are available ( starting from May 5th, 2015 – 12 noon EDT ), you should log in to the Entry Status Check website ( http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC ) and see if you have been selected.
    Also, KCC does notify those who got selected by mail, they did it this year, but they don’t always guarantee that. so, set a reminder and when the results are available you are recommended to check your entry status by yourself.
    Good Luck ! 😀

amrohadi
    amrohadi
    Participant

Send amrohadi a message

Joined 2 years ago
    Online 2 years ago

DV-2016 entrant

Confirmation Page

Hi Samuel,

I have applied for DV2016 for my younger brother as he was born in eligible list of countries, I got to know about something called DV lottery through a friend and it was the last day with only couple of minutes left to apply the online from. somehow I made it and applied during last hour I suppose and I got this page where it says “SUCCESS” with confirmation number.

I’m still in dilemma, is my brother’s entry accepted successfully? I know that this is really a stupid question to ask when I have the page of SUCCESS after enrollment but just want to be sure and even the time stamp shows that I applied before 12:00 noon on Nov 3rd. but infact as per my knowledge it was past noon i guess :( ..

Appreciate your support and response.

samuel
    Keymaster

Send samuel a message

Joined 2 years ago
    online 4 days ago

Future entrant

Morocco

Hi amrohadi,

First, congratulations that you made it and applied before the process is closed as you were just introduced to the program.

I’m still in dilemma, is my brother’s entry accepted successfully? I know that this is really a stupid question to ask when I have the page of SUCCESS after enrollment but just want to be sure and even the time stamp shows that I applied before 12:00 noon on Nov 3rd. but in fact as per my knowledge it was past noon i guess :sad: ..

Yes – your brother’s entry is accepted since you have got the confirmation information including a conf. number by the end. and actually it does not matter when you have applied ( I know DV-2015 winners who applied within the last day,a just like you did, and they won! ) because that doesn’t increase or decrease the chance of getting selected..

We hope your brothers gets selected. but, what about you? are you a DV-2016 entrant as well?

😎

amrohadi
    amrohadi
    Participant

Send amrohadi a message

Joined 2 years ago
    Online 2 years ago

DV-2016 entrant

Thanks Samuel, for the speedy response :)

In sha Allah… hope that he gets selected, well actually I am not eligible for DV lottery as my birth country is India, unlike my brother whose birth country is Saudi Arabia (but he holds Indian Nationality).

You know what, when I was first told about such lottery I thought that my friend (Sudanese) was kidding with me, but when I did my research on that last day just to be sure if such thing exists I was delighted and disappointed at the same time coz India is not eligible at all :(. However, I didn’t stop my search and kept going on that’s how I discovered that current nationality doesn’t matter and one can apply and enroll if he/she was born in any eligible list of countries provided we need to have sufficient evidences to prove that.

Anyways, never mind :p, I will be the most happiest person on this globe if he gets selected and get through this whole DV process smoothly. Just following your countdown for the big day and I see that you are an entrant too …I wish you the same and I hope you get through this DV journey with lots of joys and happiness.

Viewing 8 posts - 9 through 16 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.