• August 17, 2014 at 8:06 pm #15318
    Anonymous
    Inactive

General Information About DV LOTTERY :

dv lottery general information

If you are new and had just heard about the draw for immigration to America, we recommend you read this simple topic.

About the Diversity Visa Lottery (DV) Program:

Draw immigration to America, known as the Green Card, is a rare opportunity for people who want to travel and live in the United States all in suitable fees.

Each year, 55 000 are selected winners all over the world and given visas to enter the States.

because of having multiple disqualified entries each year, means there is a high percentage of people applying without having high school degree or a work diploma and its 2 years of experience; KCC DV selects more people ( 125 000 winner ) but they don’t get all visas issued …

Winning Chances :

The chances of winning are very small due to the participation of millions in the lottery, almost 10 million entrant partcipates , and in contrast; only 55 000 people get selected.

How to participate?

To participate in this lottery all you need is to provide a picture of you in certain sizes, Just tell the photographer that you need a picture to participate in the lottery and the photographer does the rest ..

Registration each year, usually begins at 1st October and ends on 2nd November – registration duration: 1 month.

Registration is through the only official website! Beware of fraudulent sites, which aim to steal your money and laugh at you by telling that you’ve actually enrolled for the lottery, but but in fact you just wasted another year of passion..

The official registration website is http://www.dvlottery.state.gov (ending in .gov , means government, US department of state) . please spread the word, tell your friends who are involved, share the info with them.

Results: Entry Status Check ESC :

Results are available for anyone in the same official website on 1st May the following year. the year which follows the Registration year. Example you registered in October 2014, you will be able to know your status in the 1st May 2015 ..

Entry Status Check ( ESC ) can be made at http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC .

How to know your Status ?

After you finished the registration, the website gives you a page with your info including your Confirmation Number . that number is important, save the page or the number and you will use it to check your status by 1st May.

You Won! Now what? (Author: Melissa)

After checking if you have been ‘selected’ you will see a letter stating you can apply for a Green Card or it says you haven’t been selected. After you see that you are not one of the selectees you can try again next year. But if you have been selected it doesn’t mean you get a green card right away. You get the possibility to apply for one!

In the letter you see when checking if you won, you see a Case Number (CN). This is CN will control the rest of your DV lottery period.
    There are always more winners than visa’s available. For DV2015 there are about 125,000 selectees/winners and only 50,000 visa’s available. So there is a chance some people won’t get a visa! They do this because a lot of applicants will not continue with the process, and thus they won’t have a visa issued. Next to that, some people don’t pass the interview. If they only let 55,000 people win, with 55,000 visa’s available, this will mean a lot of visa’s will just not be used. And this is a shame! So they let more people win.
    Your CN is really important in this process. Interviews are scheduled based on your CN. If you CN is low, you will have your interview earlier. If your CN is high, you will have your CN later, and there is a possibility all visa’s are exhausted by then. To know if you CN is high or low you can check this site: http://www.dv-info.site40.net
    You will see 3 tables, for Africa, Europe and Asia which state which month what ‘cut-off-number’ is used. A cut-off numbers means that everyone with a CN BELOW that number will get an interview in that month. When your CN is in that range we call it ‘Current’. When the table itself shows it’s ‘Current’ it means that every CN that is left will get an interview!
    You can see that from 2006 to 2013 every year everyone got a visa, unfortunately for DV2014, it was the first year it did not become current! One of the reasons is that there we more selectees (around 140,000) that year. So it’s kind of a worst case scenario. DV2015 should be better for higher CN.

You can compare your CN to the CN of last years, to make an educated guess about when your interview will be.
    Be aware some countries have a seperatie cut-off number, like Nepal. In DV2015 there are about 5000 winners in Nepal, but one country can only get 7% of all visa’s. So 7% of 50.000 is 3.500. 1.500 people won’t get a visa (hopefully these are all people that didn’t pursue one or did not pass the interview, instead of people who just have a high CN).
    To get the exact cut-off numbers, also for these seperate countries, and to check how DV2015 is processing you can check the Visa Bulletin: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html
    This will be updates every month around the 10th! The Visa Bulletin will contain the cut-off numbers for 2 months in advance. So the VB of September 2014, will include the cut-off numbers for interviews in October 2014.

To see what the next steps are, check: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected.html

Conclusion:

If selected in the lottery, there are many procedures you have to follow and complete. We will inform you of all the information that you need, just keep you here in this forum, or join our Facebook community at http://www.facebook.com/groups/1438016426440674/ or http://www.facebook.com/groups/671695982883784/ .

Lots of info couldn’t be talked about in this article. please DO join us and consider all of your questions answered by either admins or members..

• This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by buildquick.
    September 16, 2014 at 11:04 pm #380
    mamadi fofana

bonsoir je vous demandet je demande a tous qui pevs m aidez a participe a lottey green card d v 2014-2015car je .veu participe mai cai pas comment fair.mon numero tel. [ phone number moderated ].merci a vous.de

September 17, 2014 at 6:39 am #381
    Anonymous
    Inactive

bonsoir je vous demandet je demande a tous qui pevs m aidez a participe a lottey green card d v 2014-2015car je .veu participe mai cai pas comment fair.mon numero tel. [ phone number moderated ].merci a vous.de

Monsieur, vous devez savoir juste que la lotterie est gratuite, la participation chaque année commence au 1er October et finit au 2eme November. vous pouvez s’inscrire depuis ce site http://www.dvlottery.state.gov mais pas maitenant, jusqu’a ce que la lotterie commence. vous aurez besoin d’une photo de vous et c’est tout !

February 11, 2015 at 3:16 pm #12553
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi. Don’t know if this is the right thread to post.
    Just a simple question I’ve been having. Supposedly, one applicant’s visa is approved and he can successfully get a green card. Before he moves to the US, can he travel to another country for a visit or are there gonna be any problems and risk his entrance to the states?
    I’m asking cause I want to know if I can visit some friends I have outside of Europe, after I attend the interview in summer 2015 and supposedly I get aprooved to move to the US.
    Thank you.

February 11, 2015 at 7:42 pm #12554
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi. Don’t know if this is the right thread to post.
    Just a simple question I’ve been having. Supposedly, one applicant’s visa is approved and he can successfully get a green card. Before he moves to the US, can he travel to another country for a visit or are there gonna be any problems and risk his entrance to the states? I’m asking cause I want to know if I can visit some friends I have outside of Europe, after I attend the interview in summer 2015 and supposedly I get aprooved to move to the US.
    Thank you.

Hello Alex,

hope you are doing great today. you can post your replies anywhere around this forum.
    My answer is Yes, you can travel anywhere in the world after you have your visa issued and it would never affect your entrance to the states.
    I also had to ask someone with better knowledge in these stuff, and I had Matina K. ‘s confirmation and thought about this.
    Don’t forget to safe guard the yellow sealed envelop which the embassy will give to you later 😉

Have a nice day !

February 12, 2015 at 2:07 pm #12557
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your quick response Samuel. I’m doing good 🙂
    I was just asking because I am worried that the authorities on the US airport might find suspicious that I made a travel to a country outside of Europe, before I get there and I wanted to be sure.
    You can never know with all this precaution measures that authorities take in airports nowadays, but yeah I know I’m being paranoid :).

Just another question I have. Actually I am a citizen of two countries that are in the EU zone. I was born in Albania and now I am also a greek citizen.

In the lottery form I filed my name that is in greek letters as well as all the rest of information I completed the form as a greek citizen. But the original birth certificate that shows that I was born in Albania, has my name in latin letters and a bit altered from the greek one. i.e. (Greek: Αλέξανδρος Βεϊζης) (Albanian: Aleksander Veizi)
    Will there be any problem and can I get disqualified for that? Cause I read in another thread here that an applicant got disqualified cause he had a different name in his birth certificate.

Many thanks Samuel.

February 12, 2015 at 4:47 pm #12558
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Alex,
    I assume you have applied for DV-2015 as “Aleksander Veizi” right? and that is the name in your original Albanian birth certificate ?
    I don’t seem to be getting well your question, but All your documents should be translated from Greek/Albanian to English, so while translating for example “Αλέξανδρος Βεϊζης” make sure it matches the one you applied as which is in your passport and other documents..
    I asked Brit Simon about this, he said :

In the DS260 you should be sure to list both forms of names (one as an alias). You should stick with the one you entered the DV lottery as the “current” name.

waiting on your reply 😐

February 12, 2015 at 7:45 pm #12559
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Actually I applied as “Alexandros Veizis”. i.e. my greek name spelled with latin letters that it is also in my greek passport.
    The name in my original Albanian birth certificate is “Aleksander Veizi”.

I didn’t list any alias in the ds260. I assume it is that part where it states “Other names used”?

Should I unlock the form and add the alias or is it too late for that now?

February 12, 2015 at 8:21 pm #12560
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Alex.
    in Immigrant Visa Instructions I found this:

A NOTE ABOUT ALIASES: On the DS-260 you MUST indicate all aliases and previous names used such as maiden names, names changed by a deed poll, and alternate transliterations of your name in English.

I assume it is that part where it states “Other names used”

I assume that too. but here, since Brit Simon advised to fill out those names, I would like you to leave him a comment in his ‘Ask Questions Here‘ page.

Should I unlock the form and add the alias or is it too late for that now?

Ask Brit if it is necessary to unlock your forms. it seems to be necessary, and don’t worry, unlocking forms does not affect interview schedules in most of the time, for example I have seen someone who unlocked his forms of 1st January, and he received a 2NL in Jan 23rd. so, you can unlock and they will review your forms quickly, since they must be processed by now because you sent them too early.

but, Ask Brit Simon first. and I am sorry I couldn’t assist you on this one, but I am sure @britsimon can 😉

Thank you !

February 12, 2015 at 8:23 pm #12561
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you very much Samuel. I am posting this right now on Britsimon.

Wish you the best!

February 13, 2015 at 11:03 am #12564
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you Alex!
    I checked Brit’s page, so it seemed that unlocking must be done in order to add your alias name(s). you must have this done, and don’t worry, this would never delay your case, since you hold a EU 37*** Case Number, your forms must be ready by now, your will be current in 2 months from now at least, and they are going to review your forms right after being locked again. Hurry up, man lol.

You should unlock. Would you rather be delayed or denied?

lol I was expecting more details from Brit 😮

February 23, 2015 at 3:20 pm #12612
    Anonymous
    Inactive

OK Samuel I resubmitted the form successfully and added the name from my other nationality.
    I also found out that the previous time I hadn’t fill some questions that come right after the military service, regarding my special skills and languages that I speak.
    Oh, I hope I won’t have to go through all this stress again. 😕

February 23, 2015 at 7:07 pm #12616
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Glad to hear that Alex!

Oh, I hope I won’t have to go through all this stress again. 😕

No need to worry Alex, I am sure this process wont take longer than a 2 months (which you need to be Current), and your forms will be processed again.
    Glad to hear you are fixed now. cause listing your aliases is much important.

Will wait for you to be Up 😎

April 27, 2015 at 3:44 pm #14442
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys, this site has been quite for the past month. hop it will be busy after next week’s Tuesday.

April 28, 2015 at 11:28 am #14444
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey fmk!

We will try our best to post updates regarding DV-2016 as soon as we can because there is a lot to post and to be done.

Wishing you all the best and good luck in this entry 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.