DV Lottery Winners : First and Second Letter – Updates

Topic info:Author:  samuel87 replies8 voicesLast activity: 1 year, 5 months agoLast reply from:  samuel

Forums Forums DV Lottery General Info & Discussions DV Lottery Winners : First and Second Letter – Updates

Viewing 8 posts - 73 through 80 (of 88 total)
SPREAD THE WORD
  • Author

Alex
    Participant

Send alexgraphicdes a message

Joined 2 years ago
    online 1 year ago

DV-2015 winner

EU 37***

Website

OK I just returned from the embassy. The employee seemed to accept my new issued birth certificate and she informed me that in about two weeks I shall receive my passport and visa along with the original documents via DHL, although she didn’t assure me that I would indeed get a visa.

samuel
    Keymaster

Send samuel a message

Joined 2 years ago
    online 4 days ago

Future entrant

Morocco
    TwitterYouTubeSoundcloudWebsite

@Alex,

First off, congratulations that you could make it and provide that cert before the final delay which is tomorrow.

As for the annotation, exceptions can always be made, and the stamp and content of the Albanian-issued birth cert will definitely prove it is an extraction from official records.

So happy to head that the CO mentioned to you that first, original documents will be mailed to you, and second, the visa will be within the passport. Now, you don’t need to actually worry much, as you did what they have told you to do and what you could, and now leave them complete their investigations. I know waiting sucks a lot, so you might want to send them emails later or contact them to ensure the process is going well..

Keep an eye on the CEAC status checker as well.

Thank you so much for keeping us posted here, and all the best and good luck to you !! :smile:

Alex
    Participant

Joined 2 years ago
    online 1 year ago

DV-2015 winner

EU 37***

Website

Yeah, it seems I made it on time.
    By investigations, you mean that they ‘ll check when I went to school with exact dates or my criminal record? Maybe they’ll call my previous employers to check when I worked for them?
    The CEAC status checker is this right?
    https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

Problem is I don’t have the case number it asks for anywhere…

Alex
    Participant

Joined 2 years ago
    online 1 year ago

DV-2015 winner

EU 37***

Website

OK I just typed the case numbers without zero’s.

samuel
    Keymaster

Send samuel a message

Joined 2 years ago
    online 4 days ago

Future entrant

Morocco

Hi Alex,

Investigations mean reviewing documents, investigation information provided and stated if they were suspicious etc, just some consular related works..

If they needed to, they shall call those employees, but, I don’t think they’ll worry that much.

Good luck !! 😀

Alex
    Participant

Joined 2 years ago
    online 1 year ago

DV-2015 winner

EU 37***

Website

Just checked the CEAC and says “ISSUED”.

Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted.

samuel
    Keymaster

Send samuel a message

Joined 2 years ago
    online 4 days ago

Future entrant

Morocco

Wow Alex!! This fast? was it saying something different before ?

Congratulations !!!!! You should be happy now 😉

Alex
    Participant

Joined 2 years ago
    online 1 year ago

DV-2015 winner

EU 37***

Website

Actually I don’t remember what it said yesterday exactly, but it surely didn’t say “Visa issued”.
    Thank you Samuel. You and Brit have been so much helpful to all of us.

Viewing 8 posts - 73 through 80 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.