• April 30, 2015 at 1:55 am #14449
    Anonymous
    Inactive

dv lottery 2017

DV-2017 – When, Where and How to apply – General Information and FAQ

Hello there! we are glad to hear that you just got introduced to the DV lottery program, or unfortunately yet you couldn’t make it.

In this topic, we will try to explain a quick overview about Diversity Visa 2017 : what is dv lottery program ? how can I enroll too and apply ? when can I apply ? how can I apply ? what do I need to apply ? are there any useful tips I should know before applying ?

We should give quick information and overviews.

First of all, the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV Program) makes up to 50,000 immigrant visas available annually, drawn from random selection among all entries to individuals who are from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States. in other words, the DV program provides annually 50 thousand visas and permanent residence Green Cards.

Every year, the official DV lottery website https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ allows entrants to register their applications from October to first couple days of November, which means there is more than 30 days period to register. And of course the registration is totally free so I highlight there are lots of fraud websites out there asking you for money.

Frequently asked DV-2017 related questions:

Online registration for the DV 2017 Program will begin on Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and conclude on TUESDAY, November 3, 2015 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EST) (GMT-5). — DV lottery instructions

First off, the instructions:

DV lottery’s official instructions for the fiscal year of 2017 are finally out today October 30th 2015. They state that there are no changes in the eligibility comparing them to the last year’s, and here is a complete list of the countries who’s natives are not eligible to apply:

• Bangladesh
      • Brazil
      • Canada
      • China (mainland-born)
      • Colombia
      • Dominican Republic
      • Ecuador
      • El Salvador
      • Haiti
      • India
      • Jamaica
      • Mexico
      • Nigeria
      • Pakistan
      • Peru
      • Philippines
      • South Korea
      • United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories
      • Vietnam

Persons born in Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, and Taiwan are eligible.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE 2017 DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT VISA PROGRAM (DV-2017)

Here’s a link to the official instructions: http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Diversity-Visa/DV-Instructions-Translations/DV-2017-Instructions-Translations/DV-2017%20Instructions%20and%20FAQs.pdf

If you also wanted to look up last year’s instructions, here: DV-2016 official instructions

Am I eligible?

Eligibility has to do with your country, if you were born in a country that is listed eligible to apply, then, yes you are eligible. A list of eligible and ineligible countries for DV-2017 program will be published in less than a month from now, called DV-2017 official instructions. ( edit ) Updated, the list can be found above.

If you were born in a country that is listed ineligible, then, you are not eligible, UNLESS :

• You spouse was born in a country that is eligible for this program, then in this case you can claim your spouse’s country of birth.
    • Were you born in a country whose natives are ineligible, but in which neither of your parents
      was born or legally resident at the time of your birth? If yes, you may claim the country of birth of one of your parents if it is a country whose natives are eligible for this program

Am I qualified to enter ?

To register, first of all you need to know if you are qualified to enroll. qualification is based on your education level or work competence: you need to successfully complete at least 12 years of education ( have a high school degree ) OR you need to have two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation requiring at least two
    years of training or experience to perform. The U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net Online database will be used to determine qualifying work experience ( online.onetcenter.org ).

What do I need to register ?

Since you are qualified, to register yourself you need to provide a valid photo of you ( I already explained how to fix your photo here ) and besides you need to fill out valid and accurate information about you ( name, education level, address, marital status.. ) and here, please be careful about typing and providing accurate data and avoid spelling mistakes because sometimes providing a wrong name leads in having your visa denied if you win later.

If you are single, then you will fill out information for yourself only. as married, you also need to provide information about your spouse and children if you have any, those are your derivatives and you are the principal applicant. derivatives info contain their valid qualified photos, and other info you can fill by yourself.

What are my chances of winning ?

The winning chance is equal for individuals since the process of selecting winners is a RANDOM operation. usually the chances are below 2%, which means having 1 entry selected per every 50 ones if the chance is 2%..

How do I double my chance of winning ?

Yes, you can double your chance of being selected. there is a legal way to do that, if you are married and both you and your spouse are qualified to enroll. you can then register 2 spare applications, one for you and one for your spouse, and in every entry you list the other spouse as a derivative ( 1st entry: primary applicant: John, derivative: Marry – 2nd entry: primary applicant: Marry, derivative: John ) so when one of your entries gets selected you get a chance to issue 2 visas for you ( or more if you have children whom will travel with you ).

Where do I find the official instructions for DV-2017 ?

updated, here’s the link: http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Diversity-Visa/DV-Instructions-Translations/DV-2017-Instructions-Translations/DV-2017%20Instructions%20and%20FAQs.pdf

How to apply?
    See this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUQN8jr_m8w

Please note:

This article is marked unfinished, so we are still updating it every time we have an idea. you can suggest edits or add information using the contact form. thank you for your understanding !)
    As soon as the registration process begins, we will be posting a tutorial video explaining the process like we did last year. subscribe to our YouTube channel to get it first.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags